description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Friday, 1 March 2013

Celebrations – St. David’s Day


We did a couple of simple activities to celebrate St. David’s Day. Our closest relation to Wales is that our dog’s mother is Welsh. Daddy and I told Luath any Welsh we knew – very limited, Daddy had to study medieval Welsh at Uni but he doesn’t remember much and it wouldn’t be that useful anyway!

I made a sort of Welsh Rarebit – cheese on toast.  Which I served on a tray with a Welsh dragon and a play leek.

Luath and I made a daffodil from a spice jar lid, yellow paper, a stick and some wool.

We taped the petal pieces to the back of the spice lid.  Wrapped the stick with green wool and then taped this to the back of the lid.  Very simple, but it makes a bright cheerful display.
 
We enjoyed our Welsh centrepiece with dinner.
 
(Luath is 25 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets