description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Sunday, 17 March 2013

Peg dolls - Bible Stories - The story of Zacchaeus

About once a month we attend a wee worship group.   Last month’s story was Zacchaeus.  I thought it would be good to review the story using some props.

I made a peg doll Jesus and Zacchaeus.  Luath wanted to make a man, so we used her doll too.  Now that we have acted out the story I realise that we need a few more people so we can actually call them a crowd.  I made a house from cardboard, a tree using a twig and some wooden discs as money.

I retold the story using the props.  Luath then said “is it my turn now”.  She re-enacted some parts and added some of her own bits.  She loved putting any of the peg dolls in the tree and handing out the money.
 
My own faith/beliefs are a bit of a hotch potch but I enjoyed learning bible stories as a child so we tell these along with all the other tales we share with Luath.  I retell the stories my way and as Luath gets older we can discuss/question things more.
(Luath is 26 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets