description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Thursday, 14 March 2013

Outdoors Play – Taking toy vehicles outside

I was attempting to fork over a 1m square area that will be Luath’s vegetable and flower garden spot.  Luath was very keen to help but after two goes with her tools she had had enough. I suggested she might like to pick up some stones and put them in a tub but today that wasn’t what she had in mind. I wanted her to stay nearby me (our garden is mostly safe for her to wander but not fully yet).  One thing she enjoys is rolling objects, especially her toy vehicles down a plank indoors.

We collected her bag of vehicles and brought the slide to where I was forking.  Luath’s independent play depends on her mood and what she is doing so sometimes she played alone, sometimes she played and talked with me and other times we both played together.  It was a fun game to play.
 
She did keep a close eye on my forking and especially became very interested when I unearthed three small potatoes.  Her digger did a little work and it found two small pebbles which Luath described as seed potatoes. 
(Luath is 25 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets