description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Friday, 1 March 2013

Virtual Book Club for Kids – February – Dr Suess

This month’s Virtual Book Club for kids author is Dr Seuss.  As a child my introduction to Dr Seuss was Green Eggs and Ham.  My cousin had the book and I reread it many times.  While I was pregnant I read that if you read aloud the same book frequently then your child can find that story soothing once born. I selected Green Eggs and Ham.  I am not sure if it did help soothe Luath but she loves the story now.  We reread (as we do anyway) the three Dr Seuss books we own – Cat in the Hat, Cat in the Hat Comes Back and of course Green Eggs and Ham.  We also borrowed One Fish Two Fish and Wacky Wednesday.

I made our own red box from The Cat in the Hat.

The idea is that I will put fun, crazy cat in the hat style activities in it for us to do.   Ideas like full body painting, throwing eggs filled with paint onto canvas, bath experiments (I have started to pin these).  The two activities we did this moth were inspired by the Cat in the Hat comes back.

We left some pink marks in the bath
  
Luath ate some cake in the bath.
 

(Luath is 25 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets