description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Bird's Nest from sticky wool

I saw this on The Imagination Tree blog.  Luath can be a bit hit and miss with sticky hands, but I thought we would give it a go.

You need some wool cut into short strips.  PVA glue.  A nest shape mould.

Cover the wool with glue – I put the wool into a tub, we squeezed the glue over it and gave it a good mix.  I separated the wool into colours and tried to separate the strands.  My plan was for me to use only the brownish wool to make a next for our Spring table centrepiece and that Luath could use whichever colours she wished.  Luath picked up the strands in four big clumps, stuck them onto her mould’s outisde and said “You can do it yourself”.  So I am guessing she wasn’t too impressed!
 
The two moulds were left to try on the windowsill. They dried quickly as it was a sunny day and we had the radiator on.  I am not sure Luath’s nest would retain the egg for long but it is colourful.  I quite like the fact that the are messy, although most real bird’s nest look so much neater.
 
I have added the brown next to our Spring table centrepiece.  Luath’s colourful nest is on display on the windowsill.
 
(Luath is 25 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets