This morning Luath asked for her play fruit and vegetable. She said she was going to make a fruit salad so I brought her a big bowl and a wooden spoon. She immediately said she was going to bake for her best friends but needed eggs first. I brought her some eggs but she said no they were wooden and walked to the fridge. As we had no set plans for the morning I suggest we did some real baking. I thought we could make some Easter cookies but we didn’t have enough spread so we made muffins instead so we could use vegetable oil.
We used the basic recipe from Muffins Fast and Fantastic by Susan Reimer, but added some raisins, a mushy banana, ginger and cinnamon.
Some of the ways Luath helped were:
Sifting the flour – To safe flour being everywhere but in the bowl I gave her a spoon to stir the flour instead of shaking.
Cutting up the banana. I also gave her a potato masher to make it mushier.
Pouring in the milk and other wet ingredients
Placing muffin cases in tin
Or deciding it is more fun to put the cookie cutters we had planned to use into the tin
The end result. Great for eating, freezing and taking on adventures.
(Luath is 26 months)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets