The is the first time I had set up water play (done when Luath started eating the lentils I was showing her draining through the salad spinner, as posted previously). She has water play at bath time and in the hydro pool, but I've not set up water play other than those times. She was a little unsure, mainly stuck her hand into the water and took a few things in and out of it. She adores the bath and the pool, and is so keen to play with the water when we set her bath out, I was quite surprised how unsure she was of water in a new setting.
I took the frozen jelly lollies (from our jelly painting ) out I had made two days ago, well frozen now, I had difficulty getting them out. I put one in the water, gave Luath one and I held one. Luath was very intrigued. The texture was odd, some bits jelly like others ice. After a little while I showed her that you could put the lolly in her mouth (actually it was quite a pleasant lemon and lime flavour). This then was a huge hit and Luath enjoyed mouthing it for a while.
see what others having been playing at this week at the play academy



No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets