description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Thursday, 23 February 2012

Following her lead - up the stairs

Luath decided that today was the day to tackle the stairs.  Her cousin who is almost 2 months younger has been scaling the heights for two months.  My nephew obviously selected stairs over walking and Luath  walking over stairs!

We get ready to go out at the bottom of the stairs, there is no stair gate as she is never in that part of the house alone.  Not once has she given the stairs a second thought.  She has been placed to sit on the stairs to make it a bit easier to dress/undress for heading outdoors, but as far as she seemed to be aware, the stairs were a chair.  I did about a month ago attempt to show her how to go up the stairs, but she was having none of it.  Why I did that I do not know.  I should have known, Luath is Miss Independent and will do things in her own time and own way.

Today we were on a bit of a schedule.  I was doing up my boots, Luath came next to me, then started crawling up a step, she slipped down the step but immediately she headed back up, this time with no slips and at great speed and agility all the way to the top. I just had enough time to grab my camera that was in my bag while she sretarted her expedition.

I let her have a bit of a wander once we made it to the top, seemed mean just to carry her straight back down.  Our schedule was a bit delayed, but we managed to still make the ferry we were aiming for.

The going up was fine, but I am not looking forward to the coming down.  Luath has no sense of danger. We are teaching her to turn around to come off the sofa, (we snuggle up on the sofa at times during the day, to read, cuddle or sing). If we let her she would just nose dive off the bed/sofa.  I have seen her even trying to step straight off the edge of the sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets