description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Wednesday, 15 February 2012

Valentine's Day

We did a few simple things for Valentine's Day.

 A love inspired tray activity of putting two heart shaped cooking rings onto a kitchen roll holder.

Luath was busy with the second ring

We ended up playing this on the kitchen floor. Luath did a little putting the rings on and off, but did a lot of investigating of the holder, especially the metal part that ?is to stop the paper towel from unwinding.


 

 She made up a fun game of putting the ring into a welly boot. She discovered that only one will fit at a time, it is hard to put the ring into the boot if you are holding the welly closed with your other hand and it is much easier to get the ring in than get it out.




Practised saying I love you in sign language, it is in our book My First Signs  and is similar to the one on the right in the picture above. I do like the ASL one and we will start using that too.


I gave Luath a massage and made sure I did the "I love you" massage part.  Instructions and a print out at babycentre.



Valentine's Day Ideas Blog Hop Shared with the Valentine Ideas Blog hop via Living Montessori Now










No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets