description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Monday, 20 February 2012

Tot Friendly Kitchen Cupboard


some of the things Luath had pulled out of the cupboard
I think she was off somewhere with the mini whisk

(Update - I have revisted this in May)

 Luath now enjoys spending time helping me with some housework.  She still has lots of times when she needs to cling onto me, but now she will at times happily keep herself busy as long as I am very close at hand.  When we are in the kitchen I usually hand her a few things to play with, but this week I let her investigate a cupboard.  Of course she found two things that were probably better than she hadn't.  I decided to have a change around of my cupboard space so we could have one that was 100% tot friendly.  I also wanted another smaller cupboard  for Luath cutlery, cups,dishes etc so that when she is ready she can select these items for herself.

It took a little bit of work to make the cupboard spaces work for us all, we don't have a lot of space, but we  now have a cupboard that I am happy to open and let her explore.  It has worked a treat, I made banana muffins and cheesy biscuits this morning, while Luath had a blast taking things out, playing with them and showing me her finds.

The wonder years has a post about creating a kid friendly kitchen

Shared with Tuesday Tots at Rainy Day Mum

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea - we have a box at the moment but hoping to have a set of drawers as J is getting to the point of wanting to help set up the table for his and T's lunch and get his own cups and plates out for snacks.

    Thank you for linking up this week with Tuesday Tots and look forward to you linking again next week :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Tuesday Tots! We hope you will drop by, and share what you have been up to this week as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Commets