description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Threading vehicle beads



I found some vehicle treading beads today and while I was taking the food shopping out of the bag Luath spied them.   They were still in a small bag so she happily wandered around with that, gradually opening the bag.  When the beads eventually fell out I went to show her what the aim of them was.  Then I stopped myself.  Why was I about to direct her in something that really didn't matter?  She was enjoying some self directed play.  So I left her to it. 




She pulled them along behind. 













Picked them up.  Banged them together.  Some fell off the thread.  She came to me with them and I then showed her that you could thread the fallen vehicles back on. 

I helped/she helped get some back on. 





She then tried to do it herself. 










Yes I know this activity is a bit advanced for her but she enjoyed it and was delighted when I retook them out later to let her show daddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets