description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Friday, 3 February 2012

Happy shopping and Salad Spinner ideas

It may seem odd but today I was very happy when  I found something very similar to this



The amount of activity ideas that came bursting into my head the second I spied it sitting among all the other odds and ends in the charity shop shelf.  Yes I have a salad spinner in my cupboard already.Yes I could probably buy a brand new one in a £1 shop. But I don't want to use my good spinner to spin/splatter paint, measure and mix craft recipes, use for water or sand play..... and I would rather give the money for heart disease research. 

 For fun I did a search to see what other kid activities people had used their salad spinners for (apart from the spinning art work, info here)
sticking pipe cleaners into the draining section by cherryblossomadventures
scruffy days seems to have created a band/toy from it
it was made into a zoetrope (revolving flipbook) at unplug your kids and paper plate education
little acron used it for wet felting to make some coloured stones
decorating eggs by a bit of this and a bit of that
made into a speaker by putting headphones into the bowl over on apartment therapy
toddler toddler made in into a colour/shape spinner

and of course spinning it, stopping it, taking it apart and putting it back together, wearing it on your head.........oh and using it to spin dry salad and other foods


I also got this


which will make a perfect play mat, it is the village of Balamroy, so has fields with animals, shops, nursery, police, fire engine, lighthouse, boats, road......  and the reverse has the village and sea at the bottom and the rest is sky.  Some day I'll get round to making my own playmat that uses just colours so Luath can make up her own places.

And the final Rosaidh Rabaid in the series of board books



Yipee for other people donating goods

similar to the one I found


the one I use in the kitchen











No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets