I've seen a few posts on jelly (jello) painting and after our recent yoghurt finger painting, I thought we would try jelly. I made up a small amount of jelly using some jelly crystals and some boiling water. I popped it in the freezer to help cool it down quickly. It was pretty thick, next time I'll add a little more water. I had strawberry in one egg cup and lemon and llime in another. I put some of both flavours on a piece of paper and left the egg cups to the side.
I didn't say or demonstrate anything to Luath. I just let her decide what she wanted to do with it. She spent most of the time playing with the egg cups. She did do a little bit of picking up the jelly, putting it into an egg cup. I showed her some finger painting and she did a tiny bit of painting. I was surprised that she didn't try to eat any of the jelly. The egg cups were in her mouth a fair bit, her fingers went into the cups and the jelly.
| Jelly Painting this year's Turner Prize Winner? |
I also put some of the jelly, made up "properly" into icicle moulds and left in the freezer to set. It hadn't set very well when I took it out later. I let Luath have a play with it while I made dinner. It was a bit like a jelly slush. It was actually a better texture for moving about her chair's tray. Still no eating, maybe she is like me and doesn't do jelly!

I quite like the idea of jelly body painting, but I'll wait until Luath seems a bit more interested.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets