Animals are one of the things that Luath loves and I am sure the same applies to most children. Luath loves the dog, she signed dog at four months by flapping her arms and panting when she saw our dog; the dog is still figuring Luath out.
 |
| bonding over a stick |
The main thing we have been working on with Luath is being gentle when she touches the dog and to leave the dog when she is in either of her "safe zones" (we've set two areas in the living room for the dog to escape to if she needs peace). I also get Luath to help me groom, train and play with the dog. These are all very much hands on as we learn concepts.
Luath can sometimes be generous with her meals and lean over the side of her chair to hand the dog something. I try to prevent this from happening but I would like to teach Luath from early on that dogs shouldn't eat human food. I know this is a hard thing for a 14 month old to grasp, but I want to give it a try.
Luath loves books so I decided to make up a mini book with some things that dogs shouldn't eat. I used a mini photo album to hold the pages.
 |
| four of the pages from the book |
It is very simple but if you feel it would helpful you can download it from
here.
Shared with the weekly kid's coop
Hi. Visiting from the Weekly Kid's Co-op. I adore dogs and think it's so cute that Luath smuggles some food to the dog. On a serious note though, I think it's wonderful that you're teaching her at such a young age how to care for dogs. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteIt is so cute and lovely to see Luat's sharing with the dog, especially when it is something that Luath is enjoying eating
Delete