I read about famiglia&seoul's 365days outdoor challenge she set herself after reading Rebecca P. Cohen's Fifteen Minutes Outside: 365 Ways to Get Out of the House and Connect with Your Kids (you can get 50 ideas via Rebecca's blog if you sign up) and I also have read Greening Sam and Avery's everyday outdoor play resolution and I decided to do the same. Luath and I are already outdoors almost everyday, even in some pretty awful weather. Sometimes I am aware that is very much get Luath on my back (often under the brolly), take the dog for a walk and home. I think it is a great time for us to start this challenge as Luath is really beginning to explore the world around her. Yes we talk, she still hears, sees and smells things, experiences what wind/rain/sun is while we are out and now that she is walking outdoors I do let her off my back for a walk most days. We do already do bigger activities like (attempting) to garden, playing outdoors, so for me this is more about trying to add those small extra things, especially on wet days (and we get a lot of rain here!), to do some different things and we will still aim to go outside for a few minutes on the days that it is so wild that we leave daddy to take the dog out.
This week's 7days7ways to add a little more to our outdoor time:
1. Stop to watch the lambs, they were feeling quite chilled out.
2. Look for interesting stones, daddy enjoyed telling us about the different stones that Luath picked up. She found a heart shaped one.
3. Throw pebbles into a puddle and laugh at the splash, even when the pebble doesn't reach the puddle.
4. Find natural musical instruments, a stick and a tree stump can make a lot of noise
5. Plant some sunflower and sweet peas seeds in pots. Luath tried to confuse things by removing the seed labels.
6. Throw a ball for the dog, and when the dog decides not to fetch then Luath had fun going to retrieve it.
7. Draw with a twig, Luath initiated this activity of drawing straightish lines in the earth.
Thanks for sharing your post! It looks like all had fun this week. How fun that you have lambs close by! My son would love the stone collection too. He's always stopping to find one!
ReplyDelete