15 months
In the lead up to Earth Day we had a bird theme week so Two Little Dicky Birds was the perfect rhyme. A few resource links I found. At Bookbugs they add in verses i.e. two little tadpoles swimming in a lake, but we stuck to the birds. We also sang "three craws sat upon a wa", a Scottish song,( lyrics here).
Learning Basket
We have quite a few books featuring birds, especially ducks. Luath's favourites were the two simple board books and Edward the Emu - Luath hand is reaching for one of the board books in the photo.
She enjoyed us playing together with the puzzles. They are all aimed at older children but Luath still can get something from them.
Activity File
We sang the rhyme often. Luath can add in Paul but has yet to master Peter.
We built a wall for the birds. It started off looking quite normal and Luath did place blocks on each other. She then started handing me the brick so I placed them on in the order she handed them to me.
I made a simple bird book for the top eleven birds we see
We did some soft toy bird spotting
Luath played with an animal keyboard, you can play tunes as different animals including a bird.
I made a treasure tub using recycled items and some bath ducks
.Other things this week
I had made an act of green to pick up litter and one day we came home with quite a bundle
Luath found a laptop I bought months ago in a charity shop (daddy had been keen to buy one, I wasn't, but when this one had been sitting in the shop for over a week I decided that for £2.50 I would give it a go). It is for older children, Luath initially really just liked switching it on, but one day she sat and repeated some of the words. O is for owl, so that worked well for this week.
We went to see the dentist and childsmile nurse. Childsmile is a scheme in Scotland to try and get children used to the dentist and promote tooth care from 3 months old. So that the dentist could check Luath's teeth, I had to lie on the chair with Luath resting on me and then tickle her. We will go back when she is two and she gets to play with the chair and some other dental equipment at that appointment.
My parents came over for a few days visit. Luath loves their visits. They all enjoyed being silly and playing. My mum was doing some "school" with her, working on blue and red - nothing serious, just fun with some wooden blocks, it held Luath's interest for a long time.
| Luath and my dad off for an adventure |
Find out what others were up to this week at 1+1+1=1

Popping by from 1+1+1=1. I have twins the same age and I loved seeing what you've been up to. I especially liked your Spot the bird soft toy. Hope you get a chance to stop by my blog http://mumof twinsatoddlerandateenager.blogspot.com.au
ReplyDeleteBy the way, my husband is from Hurlford, Ayrshire. Where abouts are you?
Hi Annie, I have seen your blog- I commented on your week one post :) (crafty elsie). We live in the Highlands so a little bit from Ayrshire
Delete