description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Sunday, 1 April 2012

(tiny) tot school - rabbit theme


14 months


This week and next week we are having a break from our nursery rhyme theme and doing Easter animal themes.  This week is rabbit (or bunny).

Learning Basket

Our rabbit books.

Our rabbit toys.


Activity File

The main thing we did for the rabbit theme was to  read the books and play with the toys.

Baby sign for rabbit - Luath can sign for rabbit, but like most of her signs it is very much her own version.  Tried this week to sign frequently for rabbit, she still does her own sign.  Never mind daddy and I know what she means.

Joined in a virtual book club reading a story about a rabbit, Easter Egg by Jan Brett and having a lunch inspired by the book.  My post about it.
                                                                                   
 

Nesting cups - Luath has grasped stacking the cups.  She still needs some help but she enjoyed us building the tower.  She also liked stacking other things on top of the pots and seeing if she could still place another cup on top.



Peg puzzles - some pieces are too difficult for Luath to put in but she enjoys taking them all out


People and animals - A while ago I gathered any small people, animal or objects from Luath's toys and put them in a bag so we could play with them easier and more often.  We sometimes play "hand me" where I ask Luath for something in particular.  She loves this game and this week she has almost got all the characters.  I was surprised when I asked her for knight that she knew him as we don't use that word often.  She didn't understand farmer but when I changed it to Old MacDonald, she knew immediately who he was. 


Other things this week

We had a few of our usual and some extra outings this week - twice to the swimming pool, a wee worship session and a birthday party.

We have had more dry and at times warm weather so we have spent a lot of time outside.

helping with the gardening
exploring every corner of the garden
Luath especially loves playing with pine cones.  Finding them, putting them in/out of her bucket, giving them to the dog (who loves them too!).  She can say pine cone now, which I just think is brilliant.




Find out what others were up to this week at 1+1+1=1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets