description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Still at the eating objects stage

I thought Luath's mouthing and eating objects was tailing off but today I discovered that it is very much still a part of how Luath explores the world.

I set up some red art.  I dabbed some paint onto paper.  Set out a brush, crayons, pen and pencil.  Luath rubbed the crayon on the paper

and then tried to eat the crayon.  Luath wasn't interested in doing any art work, she just wanted to put the crayon in her mouth so we went out for a walk instead!

Later that day I set out some red dyed rice to play with. I had in my mind that I would give rice each day dyed in that day's colour and so by the end of the week we would have some rainbow rice for a sensory bin.  It started off great, Luath using spatula, scoops, hands to explore


but she then started to spoon it into her mouth.  I thought perhaps after a taste she would decided it wasn't worth eating but she decided it was.  Even me tipping quite a bit of rice on the floor didn't distract her.

Rice is boxed away and we will retry in a few more weeks.

(Luath is 15months)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets