Continuing with our Easter animal theme this week was chickens (egg, chick, hen and cockerel).
Learning Basket
themed books
themed toys
| ball (eggs!) and hammer similar to this |
Activity File
eggs into egg cups (I have recently bought these with a view to painting them but I couldn't let Easter pass without using them). I set up the eggs and egg cups on a tray and Luath enjoyed putting the eggs in (and sometimes out) of the cups. It was interesting that sometimes she would notice an egg cup was empty and instead of using a free egg she would use the one from the egg cup next to the empty cup and then would pick up the free egg from the tray.
![]() |
| working while sitting on the tray |
putting them into a jar, closing the lid and shaking. Sometimes the lid would pop off (a bit hard for Luath to close) and all the balls would come flying out which she found very funny.
pushing them down through a kitchen roll tube. Fun when they got stuck
trying different "spoons" for an egg and spoon game. Too difficult for Luath to hold the spoon to balance an egg, but she liked putting the eggs onto a spoon as I held it.
bouncing with them on an exercise trampette
rolling them down a plank
I made Luath's first sensory bin (of sorts)
craft
While at messy church we made a bunny card for daddy (OK it was very much mummy who made it but Luath did help with the glue and writing a message to daddy) and Luath painted and decorated an egg. The paintbrush was very small so I loaded the egg with paint and Luath used the brush or her fingers to paint with.
Toy Basket hit of the week
We found a (musical) fox to complete our Gruffalo story bag. Luath has fallen for him in a big way.
| source |
I took out some wooden bricks and this is the first time she really has showed much interest in bricks other than chewing on them. She was especially interested in the cylinder ones and would hunt the bag or pile, checking out each shape and only keeping or handing to me the cylinder ones. She was keen to stack these.
Other things this week
We started this week away from home for a night and on the way home had a very shallow paddle while wearing shoes and Luath loved throwing some pebbles into the loch.
I finally got Luath a metal child size fork so she could properly stab her food, we were both getting fed up with her plastic ones. She had some chicken shaped mash one night.
I made an indoor adventure soft play area for Luath to embrace her new passion for climbing (and her lack of a safety valve)
We had a lovely time at an Easter messy church. Luath especially loved helping me use a hammer to nail a message to a cross. The cross was made out of tree branches still covered in moss and was carried to the church. Our message was "we are grateful for the love of friends and family".
Find out what others were up to this week at 1+1+1=1









No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets