description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Toddler bird book


nurturing a nature lover copy

Luath loves watching the birds either looking out the window or when we are outdoors.  She gets so excited and signs for bird and makes tweet tweet noises.  There are quite a few domesticated hens, geese and ducks but we are also lucky to see quite a few different wild birds.
I thought it would be nice for Luath to learn that birds have different names.  I made  some pages featuring the eleven birds that we see most often (it was going to be ten but I added in robin).  I got the pictures from the RSPB site and made up A4 sheets for each bird. The eleven birds are blackbird, blue tit, bull finch, chaffinch, eider, goldfinch, grey heron, house sparrow, oystercatcher, mallard and robin. Some of the birds had a picture for male, female and juvenile and for those I labelled them baby, mummy and daddy.
blackbird
grey heron













I have put them into page protectors and into a file.  We can add to them over time and also add some facts about each bird once Luath is older.

One of the most common birds in our garden is the house sparrow but it has been put on the critical list for birds due to it’s dramatic decline.  There are a few things that we plan to do to help the house sparrow and the other birds that visit our garden, here are some ideas. that are being planned by BUPA care homes.

Greening Sam and Avery and Mommy labs  are hosting a blog hop for Earth Day celebrations.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets